Today is the start of something new: I’m starting another blog that’s focused mainly on political commentaries and reviews on current issues. The new blog is called The Malaysian Cola.
I will still maintain this blog, but I will focus more on scam alerts, business opportunities and the like. That way it will look more organized. But I’m also looking forward to your feedback, i.e. whether I should just keep it all on one site or not.
In the meantime here is a reproduction of the first post on the new blog:
1. (used with a sing. verb)
a. The art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs.
b. Political science.
2. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)
a. The activities or affairs engaged in by a government, politician, or political party: “All politics is local” (Thomas P. O’Neill, Jr.). “Politics have appealed to me since I was at Oxford because they are exciting morning, noon, and night” (Jeffrey Archer).
b. The methods or tactics involved in managing a state or government: The politics of the former regime were rejected by the new government leadership. If the politics of the conservative government now borders on the repressive, what can be expected when the economy falters?
3. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) Political life: studied law with a view to going into politics; felt that politics was a worthwhile career.
4. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) Intrigue or maneuvering within a political unit or group in order to gain control or power: Partisan politics is often an obstruction to good government. Office politics are often debilitating and counterproductive.
5. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) Political attitudes and positions: His politics on that issue is his own business. Your politics are clearly more liberal than mine.
6. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) The often internally conflicting interrelationships among people in a society.
Definition taken from Answers.com
Greetings dear readers,
I’m starting out this blog to write about my own views of political and other current events and issues which I think give our beloved country Malaysia, its distinct flavour, the joie de vivre you might say that makes Malaysia, Malaysia.
A definition of politics is a good start for a political blog, at least in my opinion. One hears the word so many times, that we sometimes lose sight of what it really means. I highlighted the 1st paragraph in the definition quoted above i.e. the art or science of governing and administering a nation is idealistically what politics should be about: the art of administering a nation with the nation’s interest at heart.
However more often than not we get the latter passage that I highlighted. Most of the times you read in the news, its just certain individuals or groups of individuals trying to further their own cause with and who knows whats in their hearts.
So to start the ball rolling, the next post will be about the background and history of Malaysian politics.
So I’m planning to put excerpts of that blog here anytime there is an update. Please feel free to leave comments. Thanks.